- (Under the age of 10)
- 30 minutes
- RCM Grade 1 to Grade 3 level
- 45 minutes
- Lower Intermediate
- RCM Grade 4 to Grade 6 level
- 60 minutes
- Upper Intermediate
- RCM Grade 7 and 8 level
- 75 minutes
- RCM Grade 9, 10 and ARTC
- 90 minutes
- Casual Lesson
- A la carte (1 hour only)
- 60 minutes
* For students who commit to a regular weekly lesson.
Please make your lessons and the practicing you do in between lessons a priority. Making the most out of your studies by regular practicing is a critical part of your progress and enjoyment of the guitar and its music.
Absences (Missed or cancelled lessons)
Each student reserves a set time for a weekly lesson and is responsible for showing up at that reserved time. Lesson times cannot be extended if the student arrives late. Make-up lessons will not be offered for lessons cancelled—except for highly unusual circumstances—but video lessons can be used as an alternative to the regularly scheduled in-person lesson. The online lesson will be given the same time as the regularly scheduled in-person lesson. Please note, this option is only available three (3) times per year.
Here is what the student should have ready for their online lesson.
- Computer, laptop or tablet.
- Video calling software (e.g., Zoom or Skype) downloaded to their computer, laptop, or tablet.
- Fast internet speed (to support video calling).
- A quiet location where there will be no interruptions or distractions.
- A tabletop, desk, or something similar where the devices (e.g., computer and camera) can be placed and positioned so that I am able to see the student’s hands and the entire instrument.**
- Good lighting (one can use a lamp or the natural light from a window) so that the student’s face, body, and instrument are easily visible.
- Lesson materials
I will initiate the invitation and video call. Please be ready five minutes before the appointed lesson time.
Missed or cancelled lessons are still chargeable.
In the event that I am required to cancel a lesson (it is rare, but it does happen), the lesson will be made up at a mutually agreeable time.
Lesson tuition is due and payable in full on the 15th of each month. Most individuals find it convenient to do electronic transfer. Cheque and cash payments are also accepted. Tuition fees do not include RCM exam fees, music festival fees, concert tickets, or books. A $25.00 fee will be charged for returned cheques.
I enjoy the privacy and tranquillity of my neighbourhood and wish it to remain this way. I also wish to respect my neighbours privacy and peace. For these reasons, it is imperative that all observe the following:
Under no circumstances should drivers honk their horns to summon students out to their car. Students will wait inside and when they see that their ride has arrived, will exit quietly. Students are not permitted to wait outside for their rides. If students arrive early for their lesson, please enter quietly and wait inside. Instruments must be transported in proper cases.
Of course, parents are welcome to wait inside for their son or daughter and in the case of very young students, parents are encouraged to sit in on their son or daughter's lesson.
Withdrawal from Study
It is unfortunate, but it happens. Students who need to withdraw from study are required to give four (4) weeks (lessons) notice. If the student chooses not to attend these lessons, four (4) lessons will still be charged to their account. Any post-dated cheques will be returned.
I reserve the right to discontinue lessons for any reason. If I decide to terminate lessons, tuition will be pro-rated up to the last lesson taken and a refund provided, if applicable. The reasons for discontinuation may be:
- Persistent absences/tardiness
- Excessive requests for scheduling changes
- Lack of progress due to insufficient practice
- Uncooperative attitude or general dislike of lessons